Ingredients Linguine with Clams and Pistachio Pesto
- 1kg of clams
- Water to taste
- 1⁄2 glass of white wine
- Pistachio pesto
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 300g of linguine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Parsley to taste
- Chili pepper to taste
Preparation of Linguine with Clams and Pistachio Pesto
- First, drain the clams in a bowl full of water (it must cover the clams) for about 1 hour. During this time, change the water several times and be careful of clams that have not opened (they can be full of sand).
- At this point, transfer them to a large pan over medium heat and let them open completely
then filter the released water with a colander and a paper towel to hold the
- Now mince the garlic and parsley and pour it into a pan with the extra virgin olive oil
fry it for a few seconds over low heat and add the clams, season with the
chilli and blend them with white wine; finally, add the released water, previously filtered, and cook for 3 min.
- Leave a little water to finish cooking the pasta in the pan itself.
- Cook the linguine in plenty of salted water and when it is just a few minutes before cooking, drain it into the clam pan (if the clams do not release water, this step can be skipped by completing the cooking of the pasta as per practice).
Before serving, add the pistachio pesto in generous quantities.